Lantena Control Management in Bandipur Tiger Reserve
We know it is a humongous task but if we are able to achieve tangible result to control Lantena it will give best results for Conservation.
We will have guest speaker to impart knowledge on lantena & his studies related to Lantena in Nilgiri Biosphere Region.
It will be an excellent opportunity for all CATT Members
- To learn about Bandipur TR & other protected areas in Karnataka ( Western Ghats)
- To learn about Lantena its effects & how to control it.
- Team building exercise by participating in Field exercises.
Please find here all details related to CATT Field Workshop
|Event Name||CATT - Lantena Control Management|
|Chief Guest||Mr. Kantharaju CCF Bandipur TR|
|Guest Speaker||Mr. Tarsh Thekaekara from The Shola Trust|
|Date||06/12/2014 - 07/12/2014|
|Participants||CATT Members + Very Limited Non Members|
|Cost||Rs.700 per person.|
|1.Leave Bangalore||05.00 AM|
|2.Reach Bandipur & Check In||10.00 AM|
|3.Re Group for Lunch||12.30 - 13.30 PM|
|4.Welcome of Shri.Kantharaju CCF Bandipur TR - Speaker- Shri.Kantharaju CCF Bandipur||14.00 - 14.30 PM|
|5.Special Session on Lantena & its Control - Speaker: Mr.Girish Sampath (The Shola Trust)||14.30 - 16.00 PM|
|6.Introduction to Bandipur TR / Ranges of Bandipur TR / Other NP in Karnataka - Speaker: Sriharsha (CATT Member)||16.00 - 17.00 PM|
|7.Census / Data Collection: Field Experience - Speaker - Sriharsha (CATT Member)||17.00 - 18.00 PM|
|8.Get Fresh & Regrouping @ Bandipur||18.00 - 19.00 PM|
|8.Documentary||19.00 - 20.00 PM|
|10.Dinner||20.00 - 21.00 PM|
|1.One Safari||06.30 - 7.30 AM|
|2.Get Fresh & Breakfast||07.30 - 09.30 AM|
|3.Visit Jungle Scape & Demonstration on Lantena Control||09.30 - 10.30 AM.|
|4.Field Activities||10.30 AM - 12.30 PM|
|5.Review Question & Answer on Theoretical / Field Exposure||12.30 - 13.00 PM|
|6.Lunch||13.00 - 14.00 PM|
|7.Sign Out - Return to Bangalore.|
- Mode of Travel : Is dependent on Participants - CATT encourages to do car pooling & use of public transport to avoid fuel wastage.
- Food Meal: Lunch / Tea / Dinner / Breakfast & Tea / Lunch (Included).
- Stay in Dormitory (Included)
- Please treat it as a skill & team building exercise.
- Please carry small size water bottles.
- Please carry green or dull color clothes (shirts / trousers).
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes or hard sole shoes.
- Fees collection will be notified soon.
Please confirm your participation to Saradhi / Pratap / Shyam / Dattatreya / Sayak as soon as possible.